MiChart is the fully integrated, patient-centric electronic health record (EHR) system used by over 26,000 members of the Michigan Medicine community.
By utilizing a stable and secure platform, MiChart is able to support a vast number of functions related to patient care, including:
- Emergency Department patient management
- Inpatient and ambulatory patient care orders and documentation
- Operating rooms
- Obstetric services
- Patient and professional billing
- Patient and provider portals
- Patient registration and scheduling
- Patient transportation services
- Pharmacy Department
- Radiology patient management
- Research and health information management
Because MiChart is scalable, Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) teams are constantly working to implement new functionality, as well as improve existing functionality, to best serve the complex needs of the Michigan Medicine community. Through investment in state-of-the-art EHR technology, Michigan Medicine continues to improve quality, safety, and efficiency of care for our patients and families.
For assistance using MiChart or making new requests there are these communication pathways:
- Telephone: 734-936-8000 (MiChart Providers choose option 4; other users, choose option 1)
- Email: MiChart-Questions@med.umich.edu
- Web: Customer Service Portal
For complete details, visit the MiChart website.
*You may hear MiChart referred to as “Epic.” Epic is the vendor that provides the software and support services that enable MiChart to function.