Duo is the two-factor authentication supported by the University of Michigan and Michigan Medicine as a second layer of security.
Two-factor authentication keeps an individual’s account secure even if their password is compromised. It requires two proofs of identity when logging in:
- Something you know, such as your U-M (Level-1) password.
- Something you have, such as a mobile app or hardware token.
Who Needs Duo?
Beginning October 10, 2018, all Michigan Medicine employees and sponsored affiliates will be required to use Duo for Weblogin. Enroll today!
U-M uses Duo two-factor authentication to protect U-M systems and data, as well as your own personal information. Turning on two-factor for Weblogin helps protect your direct deposit information and W2s. It is also used for:
- Electronic Prescription of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
- Remote access (VPN) service
- Outlook on the web
- Other services as security assessments dictate