U-M Hosting is an institutionally supported hosting platform designed for websites built in Drupal 7, a popular open-source content management system.
What are the Benefits of This Service?
- We ensure good security practice by providing regular Drupal core patches to the sites we support.
- Staffed by the HITS Solutions Center.
- We take care of configuring the initial Drupal database. You don’t have to install anything.
- We monitor and patch Drupal modules that have security updates.
- We bill via shortcode.
- We install front-end caching on every site so your web pages load faster.
- We optimize our servers for Drupal performance and can respond to spikes in site traffic.
- We have Apache Solr integration for search.
- We can set up and configure cosign UMICH (Level-1) login.
Who Can Use It?
U-M Hosting provides a platform where users with Drupal experience can get a site provisioned quickly, and then do their own development work. U-M Hosting can also:
- Host a site built by a contractor or vendor that needs a permanent home.
- Provide a mechanism to register a domain name for your site.