Comprehensive IT expertise, research, and analysis tools are available at no cost to the entire Michigan Medicine community. Memberships include Gartner, Advisory Board Company, Scottsdale Institute, KLAS, and EDUCAUSE. These services can be used for RFP development, IT benchmarking, tracking trends, developing IT service strategies, and technology planning.
Gartner is a leading IT firm that provides research and analysis services to inform and support decision-making in healthcare, higher education, and other industry sectors. Services and products include:
- In Depth technical research
- Analyst 1:1 meetings
- Education and healthcare verticals
- Vendor comparisons
- Toolkits for vendor scoring, RFPs, job descriptions, cloud, templates
- Workshops and conferences
- IT trends and new technologies
- Maturity models
- IT metrics
- Community peer forum
Free access to Gartner is available through the University of Michigan Library. If you receive a message that you do not have access to a certain document, please contact Dave Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Advisory Board Company
Advisory Board is a best practices firm focusing on the clinical domain that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of healthcare organizations. Services and products include:
- Consult with industry experts
- Articles and research
- C-Suite “cheat sheets”
- Maturity models
- Web conferences
- On the Advisory Board website, click Log In (top right corner of screen)
- Click Create an Account
- Fill in your location information (United States, Ann Arbor, Michigan) and click Step 2
- Select Michigan Medicine from the dropdown menu and click Step 3
- Complete the personal information fields using your @med.umich.edu email address
- Click Submit. You will receive an email confirmation to activate your account.
EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association committed to advancing higher education through the intelligent use of IT. You can log in using your uniqname and UMICH (Level-1) password.
- On the EDUCAUSE website, click LOGIN (top right corner of screen).
- Click InCommon (top right corner of screen).
- Select University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- Click Confirm to confirm release to EDUCAUSE of the information displayed.
- If you are already logged in to U-M websites via Cosign, you'll be taken directly to the EDUCAUSE website. The first time you do this, you'll be asked to use your existing profile if you already have one or to create a new one if you don't. If you aren't logged in, you'll be prompted for your uniqname and password.
KLAS provides impartial insights, in depth reviews, research, and data on healthcare software and services.
- On the KLAS website, click Join KLAS (top right corner of screen).
- Click Provider Organizations and I Agree.
- Enter your contact information, including your @med.umich.edu email address. Select University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers from the dropdown menu.
- Click Sign Up. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your account.
Scottsdale Institute is a nonprofit membership organizations for prominent healthcare systems. SI uses collaboration, education, and networking to support its members through clinical integration and IT transformation. Services and products include:
- Engage with peer academic medical centers
- IT benchmarking data
- Webinars focused on clinical IT
- Facilitated queries of peers to find answers
- On the Scottsdale Institute website, click New User (top right corner of screen).
- Type your name and @med.umich.edu email address. Click Submit Request.
- You will receive an email with directions to create your profile.
Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is the healthcare industry’s membership organization focused exclusively on providing leadership for the optimal use of healthcare information technology and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. Services and products include:
- On-demand courses, live broadcast webinars, and in-person events
- Professional communities, local chapters, and Special Interest Groups
- Publications and industry news
- Access to resource library
- On the membership page, choose Create Account Now.
- Enter your information using your @med.umich email address and Michigan Medicine as your Company Name.
- Once you have completed the form, click Create Now.
- Click the Join button. You will be asked to provide additional membership information on subsequent pages.
Michigan Medicine uses the Epic Electronic Medical Record. Epic provides a vast Knowledgebase with product information. Use Epic UserWeb to find:
- Product documentation and training
- Support forums
- Michigan Medicine community inquiries
- Go to Epic UserWeb.
- Fill out the profile information and be sure to select "direct employee" and enter Michigan Medicine in the Epic Customer field.
- Click Submit and you should receive a confirmation email