HITS has pushed Zoom application updates to all Michigan Medicine CoreImage PCs following ITS’ announcement that all users in U-M Zoom need to run version 5.7.1 or later.
Zoom updates were pushed to CoreImage PCs over the course of five days, beginning August 10, and should install automatically.
ITS will be sending out reminder emails August 17-19 to encourage users who have not yet checked and upgraded their Zoom app to do so.
What you need to do
- If you use a Michigan Medicine CoreImage PC and receive an email reminder from ITS to upgrade your Zoom app, you do not need to take further action. Updates have already been pushed to your device.
- If you use a Michigan Medicine CoreMac or a personal device, follow these instructions to check which version of the Zoom app you have installed on your device(s) and, if necessary, update your app before next Monday, August 23.
New Zoom features
This latest Zoom update ensures that you can use important new features. These changes include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
- Show your pronouns beside your name in Zoom meetings and webinars,
- Anonymously request that the host enables live transcription, and
- Share a screen to all active breakout rooms.
Learn more about the new features that have been released in recent Zoom versions on the ITS website.