Please be advised that Hyperion IR (Brio) query officially retires on Dec. 21. Toad Data Point Professional is the recommended replacement tool.
Toad Data Point Professional allows you to connect to a wide range of data sources, including SQL based and NoSQL databases, ODBC, Business Intelligence sources and Microsoft Excel or Access.
You can also use a single tool for basic querying and reporting needs and get consistent results; create Database Diagrams as templates for queries to build reports; and to get insight into understanding database relationships between tables.
This tool also allows users to create a query without writing or editing SQL statements. Even for those familiar with SQL, the GUI (graphical user interface) makes it easier to create relationships and visualize the query.
Training information for Toad Data Point Professional is now available:
- Hyperion IR Studio (Brio) Replacement on the Health System Data Warehouse website, including information, documentation, FAQs, tool resources, and training
Some technical notes to keep in mind:
- Toad Data Point Professional does not replace Oracle Hyperion SmartView or Oracle Hyperion Financial Management.
- This software package is intended for Windows Core Imaged machines only.
- Non-Core Windows users, please submit a request for help in the HITS Service Catalog (be sure to use your uniqname and Michigan Medicine log in [Level-2]).
- Core Mac users, please check the “MM Apps” icon located on the bottom right hand side of your Dock by the Trash icon first. There you will find software available to pull Toad Data Point Professional down to your machine. If the title you are looking for is not listed, please submit a request for help (be sure to use your uniqname and Michigan Medicine log in [Level-2]).
If you have any questions about the Toad Data Point Professional or the Hyperion IR (Brio) retirement, contact the project team via the “help” email address (HyperionHelp@med.umich.edu). You can also get in touch with Health Information Technology & Services in three convenient ways:
- Click our online customer service portal
- Call the HITS Service Desk 24/7 at 734-936-8000
- Visit one of our walk-in “Help Me Now” sites