This Sunday, April 18, is the next upgrade for MiChart, the electronic health system for Michigan Medicine.
This will be the first planned upgrade for 2021 with a goal to reduce downtime duration and impact to the organization.
The Spring upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some significant changes and enhancements, including:
- New Epic Voice Assistant for Haiku on iOS devices
- Updates to the MAR activity, including a modernized look with different fonts and colors, updated style for sections on the Administration form
- New Manage Orders activity to place future outpatient orders for currently admitted patients
- Visual Depots to show unscheduled emergent and urgent cases on the Snapboard
- Ability to leave comments in the Posted/Unposted Logs Report
- Updates to the PB Transaction Inquiry activity- new filters, sorting options and right-click actions
In addition to the Spring MiChart upgrade, two other MiChart projects go live on April 18:
- Elsevier Clinical Practice Model (CPM) Content Upgrade.
- Implement Epic’s Phoenix Application for Transplant Patients (replacement to OTIS). Please look to the Phoenix project page for updates and information
MiChart System downtime for the upgrade will be from 2 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, April 18. Guidelines and procedures to follow during this time may be found on the Upgrade page of the MiChart website.
The MiChart system is currently locked down. For more information on any limitations resulting from the lockdown, see the tip sheet: Workflow Limitations: Transparent Upgrade Lockdown. The MiChart teams will be unable to make changes to the system during this time until the activation is complete on Sunday, April 18.
Training materials are available for all MiChart users to review on the MiChart Upgrade Training Resources website. For the Spring upgrade, eLearning modules are only being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle Department. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable. All clinicians and MiChart users are encouraged to review the content to ensure a seamless upgrade and go-live.
Updates will be posted regularly to the Upgrade page following the downtime. Watch also for the “Daily Flash” newsletter which will be distributed daily to provide updates on changes and new tip sheets.
For MiChart upgrade questions or related issues:
- For non-urgent issues, start at the Michigan Medicine Help Center: help.medicine.umich.edu to chat with an agent (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) or submit a ticket.
- For critical issues, call the Service Desk at 734-936-8000.