HITS knows that making IT work wherever you work is more important than ever. With help requests at record levels, we've been working hard to improve service and reduce wait times. Here are some tips to help you get the help you need – as quickly and easily as possible:
Before calling the HITS Service Desk, visit the Michigan Medicine Help Center (help.medicine.umich.edu), where you can:
- Use the search field to find answers to common questions, access self-service tools, or request products and services.
- Chat for support anytime with “Joy,” our virtual agent. Just click the purple icon at the lower-right corner of the Help Center. Live agent chat support is also available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Reset your password, manage Duo two-factor authentication settings, and update your personal information using the Michigan Medicine User Profile tool.
- See timely alerts related to service interruptions, including Major Incidents.
- If you don’t find what you need, let us know. The site is being continuously improved — check back often and share your feedback!
Check out these resources for help with specific support needs:
- Working from a personally-owned device? While we recommend using a Michigan Medicine managed device to access Michigan Medicine networks, applications, and data, our Personal Device Computing Guide lists support that’s available for personal devices, including laptops or phones. The HITS Service Desk will soon provide support limited to the items listed in this guide when connecting to Michigan Medicine tools from your personal computer.
- Working remotely? There’s a guide for that, too!
- New to Michigan Medicine or need a refresher? Consult our Guide to Computing Essentials.
We’ve also made updates to our phone experience pointing to these helpful resources.
HITS is continually working to improve our services and support while developing new ways to help you be more productive.