In 2021, Michigan Medicine will replace the current enterprise viewer (WebPACS) that launches from MiChart.
The enterprise viewer replacement, eUnity, will improve the display of diagnostic images across the enterprise. This project will replace the existing systems into one new common infrastructure, allowing staff to view radiology, cardiology, and ophthalmology images associated with a patient all within the patient’s record.
Project update May 14, 2021
The WebPACS eUnity date at West Ann Arbor Health Center (WAA) was changed to June 2 to allow for additional functionality testing prior to the pilot.
The pilot is intended to receive valuable feedback from West Ann Arbor to optimize the eventual roll out across the institution.
For more information, see the 'Go-Live Dates' section for West Ann Arbor Health Center.
West Ann Arbor Health Center, New Date - June 2
- A previous communication announced a new WebPACS image viewer called eUnity would become available at the West Ann Arbor Health Center on May 18.
- The date was changed to June 2 to allow for additional functionality testing prior to the pilot.
- The pilot will run June 2 thru December 2021. You will receive a brief survey to provide your feedback at the end of June.
What has not changed?
This change is part of a pilot for Clinical Enterprise Imaging (CEI), targeted at improving the display of images across our system. The current viewer will be replaced by the WebPACS eUnity software in the coming months.
The purpose of this pilot is to receive feedback to optimize the roll-out of the viewer across the institution.
What about training?
Self-directed training will consist of a MLearning module, tips sheets and videos. See the Training Resources section for more information.
View these essential user guides, job aids and videos to ensure you are prepared for WebPACS eUnity.
Don't have enough time to view the entire training session?
The Video section provides quick 2 -5 minute videos based on various functions available in WebPACS eUnity.
A MLearning module is available to view the training in its entirety. Self-register for RADI-20027 eUnity Viewer Training at MLearning.
- Search by the course code (RADI-20027) from your Learning Plan in order to find and launch the eLearning.
WebPACS eUnity Guides
***Requires Level-2 login***
These quick 2 -5 minute videos provide various functionality in Web PACS eUnity.
How do I launch eUnity?
You will find eUnity below the Merge iConnect link. Simply click the link to launch the application.
For more detail, please review this quick video.
- Ranjit Aiyagari, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Tony Denton, Chief Operating Officer
- Dana Habers, Chief Dept Administrator Health
- Andrew Rosenberg, Chief Information Officer
- Maria Ceo, Associate Hospital Director for Operations and Ancillary Services
- Kenneth Buckwalter, Professor of Radiology
- Matthew Davenport, Associate Professor of Radiology
- Vikas Gulani, Professor of Radiology
- Mayuri Guntupalli, Strategic Planning Director
- Ella Kazerooni, Professor of Radiology
- Amanda Sedlik, HITS
- Jeffrey Terrell, Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Steve Ramsey, HITS
- Muhammad Bhalli, UMH Radiology IT
- Dr. Kenneth Buckwalter, Professor of Radiology
- Edmond Kole-James, HITS
- Lamia Marouf, UMH Radiology IT/HITS
The current enterprise viewer used for diagnostic images (WebPACS) that launches from MiChart will be replaced next year. Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) plans to deploy the new viewer, Mach7, initially with McKesson in the summer of 2021 and then with the new Sectra PACS in the Fall of 2021.