HITS is transitioning landline (corded) telephones in a variety of Michigan Medicine spaces from Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service provided by ITS, to service provided by HITS.
The purpose of this transition is to consolidate VoIP service in these areas under a single provider (HITS), and to begin preparing for the introduction of additional functionalities, such as WiFi calling.
The transition has already been completed in buildings on the east side of the NCRC complex, as well as several locations on the main medical campus.
HITS will be reaching out to affected staff in the following buildings to provide specific information and instructions.
- NCRC Buildings 26, 36, and 60 (July 15)
Most users should notice little or no service disruption, but here are few highlights:
Dialing an outside line:
- Dial "9+7" to reach a local line, and "9+7+1" to access a number that requires an area code.
- A different phone number (8-2400) is required to access VoiceMail (VM). On first use, users should dial the temporary password (12345#). Users will hear "Welcome to Unity," followed by an audio tutorial that will walk them through the process of setting up their new VM box. Note: After the cutover, users will have a 24-hour window during which they can retrieve old VMs from the ITS system, after which they will be deleted.
Phone Requests, Repairs:
- After the transition, please call AT&T at 1-800-498-4858 for telephone repair, moves or changes. If you are requesting a new telephone, please call the HITS Service Desk at 734-936-8000.
What's not changing:
- Five-digit dialing is unaffected.
- 9-1-1 is unaffected – no need to dial prefix digits "9+7+1" to access 9-1-1.
- Users will continue using their current telephone equipment. Only the underlying VoIP service is changing
Note: To access the following resources, use your UMICH (Level-1) username and password.