All Together Now: Microsoft 365 Coming to Michigan Medicine!
Combining the best of desktop, web, and mobile applications, M365 enables users to collaborate in real-time, with anyone in Michigan Medicine from nearly anywhere, on virtually any device.
M365 is safe for sensitive data, and provides Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, and learners with a unified, streamlined experience that promotes productivity and collaboration.
M365 Rollout Timeline
M365 is coming in stages, so users can expect to experience greater benefits as items are added over time.
- SharePoint Online: Provides a rich, cloud-based experience specifically designed to work seamlessly with other M365 products. Easily build and manage “team” or “communication” sites.
- Office 365: Create documents, designing presentations, and manage email or your calendar.
- OneDrive: Save your files and photos to OneDrive and access them from any device, anywhere.
- Forms: A simple survey, poll, and quiz builder that can aid in collecting feedback, measuring satisfaction, and organizing events.
Launching in Late 2021
- Outlook in the Cloud + Mobile Device Management Upgrade: This fall, your email, calendar, and contacts will move to the cloud. Meanwhile, Intelligent Hub will be replaced by an improved mobile device management system that lets users take full advantage of M365 features on mobile devices. You will receive a notification prior to your email moving to the cloud.
- Microsoft Teams is a single, customizable “portal” that integrates multiple M365 tools to streamline work, enabling users to easily access files, chat with coworkers, have meetings, and more – all in one place. (Teams will replace Skype for Business.)
- Over time, HITS will enable additional features to make the M365 experience even better! These include Microsoft-supported tools and applications specifically designed to leverage the platform’s cloud capabilities such as Planner and Lists; as well as integrations with popular non-Microsoft products – helping users harness the benefits of these tools as never before.
Become an M365 Champion and help your team get prepared!
M365 Champions are volunteers who agree to take on a leading role in helping their unit or team become M365 "early adopters."
If you'd like to be an M365 Champion, please complete this form.
Expectations for M365 Champions:
- Be your unit or team's "point of contact" for M365-related news and information.
- Be available to help show others how to use tools, and promote M365 best practices.
- Share how you and your team are using (or would like to use) M365, so we can better understand your business needs and goals.
- Participate in early testing, and provide feedback on apps and adoption activities/materials.
- Help with “how-to” support for M365 within your unit or team.
- Help to answer questions from within the broader M365 community, as able.
An important note about the ITS-supported version of M365 (Teams)
U-M ITS offers an M365 (Teams) service. While it is available to any U-M faculty, staff, or student, there are some important considerations:
The campus M365 service is not HIPAA compliant and cannot be used to store or share sensitive data.
There is no way to migrate content or workflows created in the campus M365 service to the Michigan Medicine service.
The campus version of M365 Teams does not integrate with Outlook at Michigan Medicine.