MiChart is the fully integrated, patient-centric electronic health record (EHR) system used by over 30,000 members of the Michigan Medicine community. You may hear MiChart referred to as the software vendor name, Epic.
MiChart Tip Sheets and Knowledge have moved to the Michigan Medicine Help Center Find Answers page (requires login). Click here for tips on the best ways to search, filter, and view your results in the Find Answers Knowledge Search.
By utilizing a stable and secure platform, MiChart is able to support a vast number of functions related to patient care, including:
- Emergency Department patient management
- Inpatient and ambulatory patient care orders and documentation
- Operating rooms
- Obstetric services
- Patient and professional billing
- Patient and provider portals
- Patient registration and scheduling
- Patient transportation services
- Pharmacy Department
- Radiology patient management
- Research and health information management
Because MiChart is scalable, HITS teams constantly work to implement new functionality, as well as improve existing functionality, to best serve the complex needs of the Michigan Medicine community. Through investment in state-of-the-art EHR technology, Michigan Medicine continues to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of care for our patients and families.