How Can We Help?
HITS offers three convenient ways to get IT-related help, information, and resources:
Access our Customer Service Portal using your Michigan Medicine (Level-2) username and password* to:
- Ask a question, or submit a ticket for service or repair.
- Initiate many commonly-requested tasks, such as password resets, etc.
- Order software, devices, or other items.
- Search the HITS Knowledgebase for articles and self-help resources.
- Check on the status of an incident, request, or order.
*To access the portal from outside Michigan Medicine’s wired or wireless networks, Duo two-factor authentication is also required. For more information about using the online portal, visit the Customer Service Portal Self-Help section in the Knowledgebase.
You are welcome to visit any of our three “Help Me Now” walk-up locations, which are conveniently located close to many classrooms, laboratories, and offices, including:
Visit the HITS Knowledgebase to find "how-to" information and answers to frequently asked questions.
When Requesting Help
Please have the following information available:
- Your uniqname
- Your phone number
- Location and building
- TermID of your computer or printer
Need to Follow Up?
Be sure to note the confirmation number that is sent via email once your Service Desk submission has been processed. This number is important when making a query or tracking the progress of your service request.
Note: In the case of severe damage to equipment or the unintentional deletion of a file, it may not always be possible for Service Desk personnel to correct the situation.