The latest system upgrade for MiChart, Michigan Medicine's electronic health record, was successfully completed at 2:56 a.m. on Sunday, October 18.
The most notable changes and enhancements include:
- Personal spell-check dictionaries for every MiChart user
- New ICU Liberation tools to monitor sedation levels, integrating orders and flowsheet documentation into specialized tasks, activities, alerts and specialized storyboard displays
- Improved process for clinicians to reconcile orders for discharge right from Manage Orders with reconciliation on the fly alerts
- Redesigned Snapboards are more intuitive to use helping users find information more quickly
- Streamlined process for Radiologists to review and document a study in the new Reading Palette
- Consolidated follow-up work queue for Professional Billing staff with a specialized Storyboard
- Updated MyChart Patient Portal home page for patients with an option to setup two-factor authentication
Updates are being reported in the “Daily Flash” newsletter which is posted to the MiChart Upgrade webpage.
MiChart Revenue Cycle users who have not completed their eLearning should do so within the MLearning portal. To access the Upgrade Tip Sheets, visit the Upgrade Training Resources webpage(link is external).
Many thanks to all teams who contributed to making the Go-Live a success.