Effective Wednesday, August 12, Zoom will be integrated into MiChart Video Visits.
What workflow changes will be required by PROVIDERS on August 12?
- Providers should make sure that they have the Zoom app downloaded on their devices. If you do not already have Zoom, follow these instructions.
- Core-imaged devices: Zoom will automatically be pushed to your device.
- Android users can now perform video visits on their phones.
Besides downloading the Zoom app, you do not need to do anything else different. Just click on the appointment through MiChart, Canto, or Haiku like you normally would. The Zoom app will automatically launch and start the visit.
Training is available and recommended for those new to video visits or who will be using new devices. Sign up here.
What workflow changes will be required by PATIENTS on August 12?
- Patients using smart devices (phone or tablet) will need to download BOTH the Zoom App and the standard MyUofMHealth mobile app
- Patients using a computer (www.myuofmhealth.org) will need to download the Zoom app.
Besides downloading the Zoom app, patients do not need to do anything else different. They click on the appointment and connect like they do now. The Zoom app will automatically launch and start the visit.
Patient instructions can be found here.
What features will be lost with this upgrade?
You will not be able to take pictures. Also, unlike standard zoom, you will not be able to record the appointment.
MiChart with Video No Longer Needed
MiChart with Video is no longer needed. You can launch a video visit from MiChart on computers with camera and microphone attached. The MiChart with Video desktop icon will be removed later in August.