As of December 7, the internal paging website was upgraded to offer improved access and usability.
For complete information, see the Paging Website upgrade article (Requires login to view content)
- New paging website URL: paging.med.umich.edu/pagingmobile
- In the event you receive a validation or 365 error upon access, close out and restart your browser.
- Users will now be required to authenticate using their level 2 credentials.
- New web-based authentication to decrease spam
- Better user experience on mobile devices
- Newly modernized architecture
- Ability to update your pager status and coverage
- Ability to create personal paging groups
- Previous SmartWeb users would need to recreate personal groups
- Updated communication priorities to align with future Secure Chat priorities:
- The priority of “Important” will be added
- The priority of “Routine/Normal/FYI” will be updated
- Personal Paging Groups verse Programmed Paging Groups:
- Personal paging groups are not hard coded onto a pager (like programmed groups).
- Personal paging groups will need to be recreated on the new website
What to know about Authentication:
- How it works
- Login utilizing level 2 credentials
- Why is it required?
- Current lack of authentication results in SPAM pages and other inappropriate pages to providers
- Allows for more accurate auditing and logging
- Compliance and Information Assurance push to end unauthenticated paging
- Core Image
- Standard Mode core image workstations will automatically authenticate a user on the paging website
- Users on core image and connected through VPN will pass through authentication
- Access from off network and without VPN will require Two-Factor Authentication
- Kiosk users will always be required to authenticate directly at the website, but those users can still utilize direct paging abilities from within MiChart, i.e., treatment team print group
- Direct paging from MiChart, i.e., treatment team, will not require authentication
- Personalized dashboard links may require updating with the new URL
For full details on Core Image, Kiosks and MiChart, see the Paging Website upgrade article.