Training materials for the Spring upgrade to Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record are now available.
To prepare for new functionality and enhancements, Health Information Technology & Services has prepared training content for all MiChart users to review before these changes go into effect. For the Spring upgrade, eLearning modules are only being pushed out to the Revenue Cycle Department.
All other content is available for review on MiChart Upgrade Training Resources website. The content is organized by role and contains slides of relevant changes, with links to tip sheets and/or videos where applicable.
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the Spring MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go live on April 18.
Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon to log in. Detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, can be found on the Practice Environment webpage.
About the upgrade
The Spring upgrade will include updates, system maintenance and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some significant changes and enhancements, including:
- New Epic Voice Assistant for Haiku on iOS devices
- Updates to the MAR activity, including a modernized look with different fonts and colors, and updated style for sections on the Administration form
- New Manage Orders activity to place future outpatient orders for currently admitted patients
- Visual Depots to show unscheduled emergent and urgent cases on the Snapboard
- Ability to leave comments in the Posted/Unposted Logs Report
- Updates to the PB Transaction Inquiry activity, including new filters, sorting options and right-click actions
In addition to the Spring MiChart upgrade, two other MiChart projects go live on April 18:
- Elsevier Clinical Practice Model (CPM) Content Upgrade.
- Implement Epic’s Phoenix Application for Transplant Patients (replacement to OTIS). Please look to the Phoenix project page for updates and information