Review and access common medical education sites and applications used at UMMS.
Aquifer: Formerly known as MedU, utilized by some clerkships for case-based learning scenarios.
Box: A cloud file storage system to organize and store course files. It is tightly connected with Canvas.
Canvas: The university's learning management system. See your class schedule/calendar, resources for class, and announcements.
iClicker: An audience response app on your phone to participate in lectures.
iSEEK: A curriculum search tool that collates course resources. It can combine searches for lecture recordings and lecture course files.
MDCases: Used to work through case-based learning scenarios, with opportunities to practice creating your own.
Mediasite: The lecture recording software to review course lectures and other recordings.
SimIQ: Software to review recordings of your standardized patient videos in the Doctoring course.
Exams and Quizzes
Canvas: Used by some courses for quizzes.
ExamSoft: Used for biweekly quizzes/exams. The Examplify application, used for exams, is installed in the computer labs on the 5th and 6th floor of Taubman Health Sciences Library.
National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME): Some examinations use the NBME Secure Browser instead of ExamSoft. This will be communicated to you by the Office of Evaluation and Assessment as needed.
Grades and Student Records
ARB Suite: Houses a variety of records, including grades, schedule, and specific course assessments.
- Assessments: Request assessments for certain courses/clerkships and track completion
- Individualized Development Plan: Track goals for review with a coach, branch advisor and folks in similar roles, and keep meeting notes/agendas for meetings with them
- Learning Outcomes: View competency assessments, feedback and grades, as well as views of cumulative competency tracking
- SP Encounters: Complete assignments related to the Standardized Patient exercises, part of the Doctoring and CCA courses
- Student Records: View schedules, small group assignments and more
Branches website: Collates all information around the Branches curriculum.
Oasis: Used to create your schedule for your core clerkships and Branches experiences. It also houses the checklist for the patient encounters (Required Clinical Experiences) needed to complete core clerkships.
SchedulON: Used to reserve study rooms in the medical school. You must request access to this site by clicking the Account Request/Update Link on the left hand side.
SurveyMonkey Apply: A tool used to complete applications, like financial aid or your eventual Capstone for Impact project. Forms will be shared as they are needed.