The next MiChart upgrade is planned for Sunday, October 17, 2021. This will be the final planned upgrade for 2021 with a goal to introduce new features, limit impact to the organization, and maintain regulatory requirements.
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance, and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some key changes and enhancements, including:
- New Image Exchange feature in Care Everywhere allows viewing of scanned documents from outside organizations
- Secure Chat Improvements: Availability statuses with no end time will no longer expire and the ability to update message auto-forwarding for others
- Health Maintenance Modifiers’ intervals can be changed from an InBasket result message
- Radiology technologists will be able to use the Rover mobile app to sign portable XR exams in real time
Clinician User Experience Labs
To prepare for new features within the upgrade, MiChart users are invited to attend User Experience Labs to test their daily workflows in a practice environment. The labs will offer the opportunity to identify the impact of changes and provide feedback to the MiChart Upgrade project team analysts and trainers.
Sign up using this link – Fall 2021 MiChart Upgrade User Experience Lab Sign Ups – to attend one of the one-hour sessions offered virtually on the following dates:
- Monday, August 23 ,7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 24, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Friday, August 27, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Monday, August 30, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31, 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday, September 3, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please be sure to indicate your role and location so that we may better anticipate the type of users and applications that will need support.
Labs are available to all users, but targeted for clinical users. Please note that Billing and Home Health will hold separate, focused lab sessions that will be communicated separately.
For more information
Please visit the Fall MiChart Upgrade project page.