The next MiChart upgrade is planned for Sunday, October 17, 2021. This will be the final planned upgrade for 2021 with a goal to introduce new features, limit impact to the organization, and maintain regulatory requirements.
About the upgrade:
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance, and new features to the MiChart application. The newest upgrade will enable some key changes and enhancements, including:
- New Image Exchange feature in Care Everywhere allows viewing of scanned documents from outside organizations
- Secure Chat Improvements: Availability statuses with no end time will no longer expire and the ability to update message auto-forwarding for others
- Radiology technologists will have Rover mobile app to begin portable XR exams in real-time
Training materials now available
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the Fall MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go live on October 17.
- Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon.
- You will log in to Virtual Places with your Michigan Medicine (Level-2) uniqname and password, but you must use one of the training login IDs to log in to the practice environment.
- See detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, on the Practice Environment webpage.
- Materials shared during the Clinicians User Experience Labs, including draft tip sheets or guided explorations are available now.