MiChart Upgrade Go-Live Day 2
Today was the second day of the latest MiChart Upgrade. The system went down at 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, October 17, and was back up and fully available to users at 3:55 a.m. – a total of 1 hour AND 55 minutes.
We will continue to list the most important updates and tips in the Daily Flash and on this project page.
Training materials now available
A practice environment featuring the changes coming in the Fall MiChart upgrade is now available to all MiChart users through Virtual Places (https://vplaces.med.umich.edu). This will provide users a chance to experience the upgrade changes prior to the go live on October 17.
- Select the Epic MiChart Practice Upgrade Environment icon.
- You will log in to Virtual Places with your Michigan Medicine (Level-2) uniqname and password, but you must use one of the training login IDs to log in to the practice environment.
- See detailed instructions for accessing the practice environment, including login and patient information, on the Practice Environment webpage.
- Materials shared during the Clinicians User Experience Labs, including draft tip sheets or guided explorations are available now.
About the upgrade
The Fall upgrade will include updates, system maintenance, and new features to the MiChart application.
The newest upgrade will enable some key changes and enhancements, including:
- New Image Exchange feature in Care Everywhere allows viewing of scanned documents from outside organizations
- Secure Chat Improvements: Availability statuses with no end time will no longer expire and the ability to update message auto-forwarding for others
- Radiology technologists will have Rover mobile app to begin portable XR exams in real-time