NOTE: If you're having issues accessing Outlook using your regular desktop app – visit office.com, select "Work or School Account," and log in with your Level 2 credentials.
Michigan Medicine uses Microsoft Exchange for email, calendaring, contact lists, and task management. HITS-managed devices such as CoreImage devices are preconfigured with Microsoft Outlook to access your email.
Accessing your Email
- Use your uniqname and Michigan Medicine (Level-2) password to log into Outlook. You will receive your @med.umich.edu email account and uniqname at orientation.
- If you are not on the Michigan Medicine network, use Outlook on the web (OWA) or Windows Virtual Desktop to access your Michigan Medicine email.
- Mobile Device Management is required to access Outlook on personal mobile devices.
- Michigan Medicine is transitioning mobile device management from the Intelligent Hub app to Microsoft Intune’s Company Portal app. This is in tandem with our migration of your email to Exchange Online. When your email is migrated to Exchange Online, you will need to transition your mobile device from using the Intelligent Hub app to Microsoft Intune’s Company Portal app. Email migrations will occur throughout the months of July-November 2021. Further information about this transition and mobile device management migration is in development.
- If you take an unpaid leave of absence from Michigan Medicine, your access to level-2 systems, including Outlook, will be paused. Read more in the FAQ.
Michigan Medicine has enabled outbound email encryption for messages with sensitive data or potentially identifiable patient data going out to external email addresses. Encryption is a way of encoding data so that it can be understood and used only by authorized individuals (the sender and intended recipient).