Visit the Michigan Medicine Help Center (help.medicine.umich.edu), where you can:
- Use the search field to find answers to common questions, access self-service tools, or request products and services.
- Chat for support anytime with “Joy,” our virtual agent. Just click the purple icon at the lower-right corner of the Help Center. Live agent chat support is also available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Reset your Password, manage Duo two-factor authentication settings, and update personal information using the Michigan Medicine User Profile tool.
- See timely alerts related to service interruptions, including Major Incidents.
- If you don’t find what you need, let HITS know. The Help Center is being continuously improved — check back often and share your feedback!
Looking for information about a particular topic? Consult one of our helpful guides:
- Working remotely? There’s a guide for that!
- New to Michigan Medicine or need a refresher? See our Guide to Computing Essentials.
- Working from a personally-owned device? Our Personal Device Computing Guide lists support that’s available for personal devices.*
*Note: HITS recommends using a Michigan Medicine managed device to access Michigan Medicine networks, applications, and data. The HITS Service Desk will soon provide support limited to the items listed in this guide when connecting to Michigan Medicine tools from your personal computer.
When Requesting Help
Please have the following information available:
- Your uniqname
- Your phone number
- Location and building
- TermID of your computer or printer
Need to Follow Up?
Be sure to note the confirmation number that is sent via email once your Service Desk submission has been processed. This number is important when making a query or tracking the progress of your service request.
Note: In the case of severe damage to equipment or the unintentional deletion of a file, it may not always be possible for Service Desk personnel to correct the situation.